C.M. Russell Museum
The C.M. Russell Museum opened in 1953. Since then the museum has expanded to include not only numerous works by Russell, but also the work of O.C. Seltzer, the Browning Firearms Collection, and a permanent exhibition called The Bison: American Icon, Heart of Plains Indian Culture. In addition, we have the home and studio of Russell’s. The home was built in 1900 and is furnished with period pieces as well as items from the Russell family. Russell’s log studio was built in 1903 and is adjacent to his home. Made of western cedar telephone poles, the studio is filled with authentic cowboy gear and Indian artifacts that Russell collected. The mission of the C.M. Russell Museum is to collect, preserve, research, interpret, and educate on the art and life of Charles M. Russell; the art and life of his contemporaries; and the art of preceding and ensuing generations that depicts and focuses on the culture, life, and country of Russell’s West.
Volunteers at the C.M. Russell Museum help in a number of ways. They serve as tour guides, work behind the scenes to help out in the office and help with education programs.