The cornerstone of Ursuline Centre was laid September of 1911. A little over one year later, on September 3, 1912, Ursuline Academy opened its door to students from Great Falls and the surrounding area. Our City’s founding forefathers donated land and supported the Sisters efforts to bring educational opportunities to our community. Today, this legacy continues. They are a non-profit organization that benefits the city of Great Falls and beyond. 263 groups utilized their historic building last year for meetings, retreats and conferences. Over 14,000 people benefited from Ursuline Centre “opening doors to change lives.” They also house a museum and archives that allow access to Montana heritage and culture and operate successful preschool and childcare programs.